25th August 2022 – GreenGrowth, the sustainable investment app, has partnered with digital identity provider Yoti, to give individual investors a modern way to prove their identity.
When an individual creates a GreenGrowth account, they will no longer have to provide physical ID documents or go through a lengthy process to prove who they are. By using Yoti and their partner Post Office for digital identity verification, GreenGrowth can streamline the onboarding process, improve the customer experience, and strengthen KYC and AML checks.
Under Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) rules GreenGrowth must check the identity of individuals and ensure they are eligible to invest capital. With Yoti and Post Office, all identity checks can be completed digitally – saving time, enhancing security and giving investors a more convenient way to prove who they are.
GreenGrowth is a sustainable investment app, empowering individuals to invest their money in a way that can help solve the biggest environmental challenges. Individuals can invest in underlying sustainable funds across a range of five impactful, environmental themes such as clean energy and sustainable agriculture.
Chris Webb, CEO of GreenGrowth said, ‘We’re a technology first business, and so we’re delighted to partner with a like-minded business like Yoti. They’ve helped us streamline our onboarding process, making it as simple as possible for our users to get onboarded in the app, so they can start making a positive impact with their money as soon as possible!’
John Abbott, Chief Commercial Officer at Yoti, said, “As a BCorp, balancing planet and profit is very important to us. So we’re delighted to be working with GreenGrowth, who also believe it’s possible to do good and consider the impact on the planet. Our identity verification technology will improve their customer onboarding experience, speed up processes which historically took up time and effort, and ensure GreenGrowth is compliant with FCA rules. Our automated process speeds up verification for Green Growth users, who can focus on what’s important; choosing which sustainable GreenGrowth fund to invest in.”
- GreenGrowth is a new sustainable investing app that allows users to invest in underlying sustainable funds across a range of 5 impactful, environmental themes  such as clean energy and sustainable agriculture.
- Their mission is to give people’s money the greatest personal impact. After measuring a user’s carbon footprint via an in-app questionnaire, the user can then invest into corresponding environmentally-themed funds weighting them more heavily into the areas they are most polluting.
- Alternatively, investors can select themes that tackle their particular environmental objectives.
- It’s available to download now on Apple and Android.
- Yoti is a digital identity company that allows organisations to verify identities and trusted credentials online and in person.
- Yoti’s products span identity verification, age verification, document eSigning, access management, and authentication.
- Over 11 million people have downloaded the free Yoti app globally. Yoti is available in English, Spanish, French, German, Portuguese and Polish.
- Yoti is certified to ISO/IEC 27001:2013 for ID Verification Services, ISAE 3000 (SOC 2) Type 2 certified for its technical and organisational security processes.