LONDON – 16th March 2022 – uCheck has announced a new Digital Identity Check solution in partnership with Post Office and Yoti. It brings a modern approach to DBS and Right to Work Checks that will save time and admin by swapping manual ID reviews and the copying of applicants’ physical documents for a secure digital process that takes seconds.
uCheck is the top DBS umbrella body in the UK and a leading provider of employment vetting and screening solutions – it currently processes over 850,000 checks annually for over 20,000 organisations. uCheck is the largest DBS provider in the UK along with DBS Enhanced, Standard and Basic Checks and the Right to Work, ID and Adverse Credit Checks.
This move follows the government’s recent release of new guidelines around Digital Identity Checks for DBS applications, as well as Right to Work Checks. The guidelines are based on the new UK Digital Identity and Attributes Trust Framework, which aims to facilitate secure and trustworthy solutions around digital identity in the UK, improving the user experience and boosting economic growth.
The Post Office EasyID and Yoti Digital ID apps will allow potential employees’ identity to be verified quickly, remotely and securely. A reusable digital identity enables people to pre-verify their ID and then prove who they are using their phone. People simply scan a QR code to share their ID in seconds, without needing their physical ID documents.
The new Digital Identity Check service uses automated checks to identify prospective employees almost instantly – to support Basic, Standard and Enhanced DBS Checks as well as Right to Work requirements. The secure service uses advanced AI to check documents such as passports and driving licences are genuine. Digital Identity Checks increase efficiency and ensure that checks are secure and reliable.
Checking identity is crucial during the recruitment process to protect business against fraud. The advantages of digital verification include:
- Speed – the applicant can upload documents digitally and prove their identity during the application process, saving both the applicant and employer considerable time.
- Quality – a Digital Identity Check scans documents’ biometric data, making it significantly more thorough than any physical check. There’s no need to worry if a document could have been forged.
- Reliable – a Digital Identity Check verifies a set scope of requirements, every time. There’s no risk of human error.
- Scope – with the ability to check passports from over 200 countries there’s no need to worry if you’ve never seen a particular document before.
George Griffiths, Managing Director at uCheck said: “We are delighted to partner with Post Office and Yoti to transform the way businesses verify their employees identity. This new approach is better for all stakeholders in the recruitment process. It’s faster, secure and the only information that is absolutely necessary needs to be shared by applicants during the Digital Identity Check process.
At uCheck, we’ll be seamlessly integrating Digital Identity Checks into our Platform, so that they’re ready to use as soon as permitted. Digital Identity Checks will be charged on a per-applicant basis.”
Robin Tombs, CEO at Yoti said: “It’s fantastic to partner with uCheck and Post Office and make it easier for businesses and their employees to perform DBS and Right to Work checks. Digital identities are a powerful tool in the battle against ID related fraud. Not only do they help you know who you’re dealing with, they speed up and secure everyday tasks, cutting out paper trails and time intensive manual processes. It’s a real win-win for individuals and organisations alike.”
For more information about Digital Identity Checks or queries about any uCheck services, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Notes to editors
New government guidance on digital identity verification
On 17th January 2022, the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) published updated guidance paving the way for Digital Identity Checks to be used as part of Basic, Standard and Enhanced DBS Checks.
The Department for Digital, Culture, Media & Sport (DCMS) has also released an update around Digital Identity Checks to verify Right to Work and other certifications.
- Yoti is a digital identity company that allows organisations to verify identities and trusted credentials online and in person.
- Yoti’s products span identity verification, age verification, document eSigning, access management, and authentication.
- In the UK, Yoti is partnered with Post Office to accelerate digital identity adoption with a national footprint spanning 10,500 Post Office branches, online and more.
- Over 11 million people have downloaded the free Yoti app globally. Yoti is available in English, Spanish, French, German, Portuguese and Polish.
- Yoti is certified to ISO/IEC 27001:2013 for ID Verification Services, ISAE 3000 (SOC 2) Type 2 certified for its technical and organisational security processes.
For Yoti: firstname.lastname@example.org
For the PR network: email@example.com