Jigsaw Dating partners with Yoti to ensure trustworthy profiles

profile picture Rachael Trotman 4 min read
Yoti and Jigsaw dating logos presented together

Members can only connect with other daters once they are verified, reducing the risks of fake profiles and fraud

London, UK, 28th November 2023Jigsaw Dating has integrated Yoti’s photo verification technology to confirm every dating profile belongs to a real person. The move aims to give daters more confidence and transparency over who they connect with online.

On account creation, all members are required to take a selfie, which Yoti verifies to ensure it is a real person. This stops people from using fake profile photos.

Yoti’s passive liveness technology, MyFace, confirms the selfie is taken by a real person – preventing people from uploading a digital or printed, photo, video or other spoofing attempt. MyFace only requires a selfie image to complete the liveness check, creating a smooth member experience and speeding up the process of verifying genuine accounts.

Members who fail the selfie verification can’t connect with other daters on Jigsaw Dating until they successfully complete the process.

Photo verification instructions

So far, 80% of genuine members have verified their profile. The remaining 20% of members did not complete the process; potentially because their selfie and profile photo didn’t match, the selfie failed the verification process or because they did not want to verify their identity. All cases of not completing the process result in Jigsaw blocking members from using the app until the verification is complete.

Alex Durrant, CEO of Jigsaw said, ”Partnering with Yoti has enabled us to make selfie verification mandatory for all members of Jigsaw. Our mission is to create the safest and most rewarding space to fall in love; our digital jigsaw puzzle already naturally has secure aspects but adding this extra layer of verification technology ensures every face you reveal on Jigsaw is a real one!”

Robin Tombs, CEO of Yoti said, “We’re very pleased to help Jigsaw Dating give daters more trust and confidence about who they’re connecting with online. Daters can be confident they are talking to a real person as they know every account is verified. They can focus on exploring real connections with authentic daters.”

The Federal Trade Commission reported that in 2022, nearly 70,000 Americans fell victim to online romantic scams, with reported losses topping US$1.3 billion. With an increasing number of dating scams, Jigsaw Dating and Yoti are working together to create a safer, more trusted dating experience.



Notes to editors

About Jigsaw

Jigsaw is an innovative and popular dating app that encourages members to build deeper connections through meaningful conversation. Jigsaw puzzles cover members’ faces in their photos and as members match and exchange messages, pieces are removed to reveal the entire photo, helping Jigsaw members build connections based on personality and looks, equally. The app was founded in the UK and raised $3.7million in 2021 to launch in the US. In 2022, they announced a partnership with the Dallas Cowboys, becoming the first official dating app of an NFL team.

About Yoti

Yoti is a digital identity technology company that makes it safer for people to prove who they are, verifying identities and trusted credentials online and in-person. They now provide verification solutions across the globe, spanning identity verification, age verification, document eSigning, access management, and authentication and leading facial age estimation. Over 13 million people have downloaded the free Yoti Digital ID app across the world. It is available in English, Spanish, French, German, Portuguese and Polish. Yoti is certified to ISO/IEC 27001:2013 for ID Verification Services, ISO 27701 for data privacy, and SAE 3000 (SOC 2) Type 2 certified for its technical and organisational security processes. For more information, please visit www.yoti.com.