London, UK, 25th July 2022 – Investment platform Further has today announced a new partnership with digital identity provider Yoti, who will streamline the customer onboarding process, making it faster and easier for people to invest in their chosen funds.
Under Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) rules, Further is required to provide appropriate identity evidence for investors when transactions take place. This is to prove that all investors seeking to invest in a fund via Further are who they say they are.
By using Yoti and their partner Post Office for digital identity verification, Further will strengthen their KYC and AML processes, offer frictionless onboarding and faster processing times. Yoti’s digital identity checks take less than five minutes to complete; speeding up the identification process.
Further, a London-based startup, connects retail investors with high-quality venture capital funds, at scale and with minimum investment levels never seen before in the market. This enables many new retail investors to invest in venture funds, from as little as £1,000. Further’s platform offers investors a selection of venture capital fund investment opportunities, from a variety of well-known UK tax-advantaged and international venture capital fund managers.
Rob Tominey, Further CEO said, “We’re thrilled to be working with Yoti on identity verification and AML, which has been seamlessly integrated into Further’s onboarding process. To deliver a high quality, premium, trustworthy experience for today’s investors, it was important that we found a tool with a user experience that matched our own and was straightforward to use across devices – and Yoti have delivered on this. We look forward to growing Further alongside the team at Yoti.”
John Abbott, Chief Commercial Officer at Yoti, said, “We’re really pleased to be working with Further to power the next generation of financial products. Our identity verification technology will strengthen and streamline their customer onboarding, and create a frictionless and secure experience. There’s a growing desire for better experiences from consumers and our technology can fast track processes that historically have taken up significant time and effort. Individuals can pass identity verification checks quickly and focus on what’s important – their investment decisions.”
Notes to editors
Over the past decade, venture capital funds have achieved index-beating returns by backing the startups changing the world around us. Further connects more investors with high-quality venture capital funds, enabling access from £1,000. Further’s software manages the onboarding, administration and lifetime reporting of investors for funds, removing the historic administrative burden associated with investor management.
- Yoti is a digital identity technology company that allows organisations to verify identities and trusted credentials online and in person.
- Yoti’s products span identity verification, age verification, document eSigning, access management, and authentication.
- Yoti’s digital ID app is accepted as proof of identity in over 30,000 UK High street locations including cinemas, Post Offices and convenience stores.
- In 2021 Yoti partnered with the Post Office to deliver the UK’s most comprehensive identity service. The Post Office EasyID app is interoperable with the Yoti digital ID app.
- Over 11 million people have downloaded the free Yoti app globally (3 million in the UK). Yoti is available in English, Spanish, French, German, Portuguese, Polish, Russian and Ukrainian.
- Yoti is certified to ISO/IEC 27001:2013 for ID Verification Services, ISAE 3000 (SOC 2) Type 2 certified for its technical and organisational security processes.
For press enquiries, please contact:
Yoti – firstname.lastname@example.org