Making it faster and safer to prove your age
Our age estimation technology accurately estimates a person’s age by looking at their face. We built it to give everyone a secure and private way of proving how old they are in different everyday scenarios: from age checking on social platforms and online stores, to supermarket self-checkouts, bars and clubs. This privacy-friendly approach to age verification doesn’t require any personal details or documents, and all information is instantly deleted once someone receives their estimated age – nothing is ever viewed by a human.
Key takeaways from the report
- The current accuracy rates (Mean Absolute Errors) are:
- 2.96 years for 6-70 year olds.
- 1.52 years for 13-19 year olds.
- 1.56 years for 6-12 year olds.
- Users are not individually identifiable.
- Helps organisations to meet Children’s Codes or Age Appropriate Design Codes.
- Does not result in the processing of special category data.
- Gender and skin tone bias minimised.
- True Positive Rate (TPR) for 13-17 year olds correctly estimated as under 23 is 99.65%.
- TPR for 6-11 year olds correctly estimated as under 13 is 98.91%.