22nd September 2022, LONDON – Talent Clouds, a digital workforce management and employee vetting platform, has become the latest company to launch digital DBS checks with Yoti and the Post Office.
Talent Clouds modernises workforce vetting by simplifying the complex and manual onboarding and workforce monitoring processes. These are especially burdensome for public services in regulated sectors such as education, care and health. The Talent Clouds platform enables employers to verify worker credentials safely and efficiently which in turn saves them time and money.
Under new legislation, which came into effect from 6 April 2022, Right to Work and DBS checks can now be completed using an Identity Services Provider (IDSP). The guidelines are based on the new UK Digital Identity and Attributes Trust Framework, which aims to facilitate secure and trustworthy solutions around digital identity in the UK.
Yoti and Post Office, the UK’s first certified IDSP, offer three inclusive options for a candidate to prove their identity and complete required DBS checks. They can do this online, through the Yoti or EasyID apps, or in person at their local Post Office branch.
Enabling Basic, Standard and Enhanced DBS checks to be carried out this way supports remote and hybrid working practices, speeds up onboarding processes, reduces recruitment times, and improves the security and reliability of checks. British and Irish citizens who hold valid passports will be eligible for these digital checks. Unlike the traditional and manual process, digital DBS checks allow candidates to prove their identity from any part of the country – removing geographic barriers to employment.
Talent Clouds onboards and monitors employees in a safer way as they can confirm prospective candidates’ identities and eligibility using consistent and secure methods, and relieve pressure on HR teams to correctly check documents and store sensitive employee information.
Talent Clouds, CEO, James Whittingham said, “We’re excited to partner with Post Office and Yoti to launch this new technology to transform how our customers verify their workers’ ID. This technology supports our vision for streamlining pre-employment checks to save our customers both money and time”.
Elinor Hull, Identity Services Director at Post Office said, “We’re delighted that Talent Clouds is the latest company to harness the power of digital identity for DBS checks. With less paperwork, stronger security and a better onboarding and recruitment experience, the benefits of these digital policies are clear. There’s a growing desire from individuals for better experiences and this technology can fast track processes that historically have taken up significant time and effort. If any companies are on the fence about digital DBS checks, it’s time they embrace a better approach to identity verification, otherwise they risk falling behind and giving an edge to their competitors.”
Notes to editors
New government guidance on digital identity verification
On 17th January 2022, the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) published updated guidance paving the way for Digital Identity Checks to be used as part of Basic, Standard and Enhanced DBS Checks.
The Department for Digital, Culture, Media & Sport (DCMS) has also released an update around Digital Identity Checks to verify Right to Work and other certifications.
About Yoti and Post Office
- Yoti is a digital identity company that allows organisations to verify identities and trusted credentials online and in person.
- Yoti’s products span identity verification, age verification, document eSigning, access management, and authentication.
- In the UK, Yoti is partnered with Post Office to accelerate digital identity adoption with a national footprint spanning 11,500 Post Office branches, online and more.
- Over 12 million people have downloaded the free Yoti app globally. Yoti is available in English, Spanish, French, German, Portuguese and Polish.
- Yoti is certified to ISO/IEC 27001:2013 for ID Verification Services, ISAE 3000 (SOC 2) Type 2 certified for its technical and organisational security processes.
About Talent Clouds
- Talent Clouds provide a digital platform to verify worker credentials safely and efficiently – saving you time and money to spend on frontline services.
- We move offline clunky processes online, which reduces onboarding times by over 95%, and reduces application entry errors to under 1% – enabling significant internal savings
Offer a suite of over 15 checks to suit all needs – including DBS and employment history referencing.
- We integrate with your existing systems to remove need to duplicate data entry – providing a seamless user experience
- Our workforce monitoring system notifies you of any pending compliance concerns through our business health check tool
- We keep your records in one single view, ensuring you are audit ready and regulation compliant