Yoti’s digital identity technology verifies prescribers; enables Clynxx to offer qualified prescribers instant and secure access to reduce wait times for patients
London, UK – 21st June 2021 – CLYNXX, the UK’s official private advanced electronic prescription system has today announced a secure solution for checking medical prescribers identities in conjunction with UK based identity platform Yoti.
By combining regulatory information on approved prescribers with Yoti’s identity services, Clynxx offers prescribers instant access – reducing wait times for patients requiring urgent care.
If, for any reason a prescriber leaves their regulatory register, Clynxx revokes their access immediately. It means that pharmacies will have the assurance that all of Clynxx prescriptions have been created only by someone legally allowed to do so.
Tuck Muswizu, Founder and Director of Clynxx said: “Until recently, prescribers have to write a paper-based prescription and copy, fax or email a proof to a pharmacy on the promise that the prescriber will supply them with the original pen-signed prescription within 72 hours. Now however, prescribers can send a digital (advanced electronic) prescription directly to a patient instantly – negating the need for a paper prescription to follow by post or otherwise.
By using ID verification from Yoti, we no longer need to carry out manual checks and we can grant prescribers immediate instant access to our system so they can provide crucial care to their patients.
Critically for us, faster sign ups also mean that we aren’t losing customers to competitors too.”
Robin Tombs, CEO at Yoti added: “We’re proud to see Yoti technology powering the UK’s official private advanced electronic prescription system, which is a win for medical providers and a big win for patients too.
Quickly verifying prescribers identity is an important step that will give pharmacies and patients further confidence that the prescription they receive is compliant. It’s another important step forward in the digital transformation of healthcare.”
- Clynxx is the UK’s official private advanced electronic prescription system.
- Regulated prescribers can sign up and start creating digital prescriptions instantly.
- Advanced electronic prescriptions generated using the Clynxx system can be dispensed at any pharmacy in the UK and EU.
- Yoti is a digital identity and biometric technology company that allows organisations to verify identities and trusted credentials online and in person.
- Yoti’s products span identity verification, age verification, document eSigning, access management, and authentication.
- Over 9 million people have downloaded the free Yoti app globally. Yoti is available in English, Spanish, French, German, Portuguese and Polish.
- Yoti is certified to ISO/IEC 27001:2013 for ID Verification Services, ISAE 3000 (SOC 2) Type 2 certified for its technical and organisational security processes.